FIND THE BEST PET HEALTH INSURANCE
An increasing number of pet owners are purchasing MEDICAL INSURANCE for their pets. According to the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA), there are approximately 20 companies that insure over 2.5 million pets in the United States.
According to the NAPHIA State of the Industry Report 2020:
- Total number of pets insured in 2019 was 2,517,122.
- 83% of insured pets were dogs AND 17% were for cats.
- The average accident and illness premium for dogs was $585.40 per year AND $349.93 for cats.
PET INSURANCE PROVIDERS
- AKC Pet Insurance
- American Modern Pet Insurance
- ASPCA Pet Health Insurance
- Bivvy Pet Insurance
- Embrace Pet Insurance
- FIGO Pet Insurance
- Hartville Pet Health Insurance
- Healthy Paws Pet Insurance
- Lemonade Pet Insurance
- PetFirst Pet Insurance
- Pets Best
- Prudent Pet Insurance
- Pumpkin Pet Insurance
- Spot Pet Insurance
- Toto Pet Insurance
- PetInsuranceQuotes.com – Petco Acquires Pet Health Insurance Marketplace (3.8.18)
Compare pet insurance plans and prices for both cats and dogs all in one place.
- 2015 dvm360 State of the Veterinary Profession Survey (8.21.16)
Estimated total dollar amount at which most clients would refuse or stop treatment for their pets was $1,433.
- 5 Things Your Pet Insurance Policy Should Cover (9.30.15)
Dr. Karen Becker is a Proactive and Integrative Wellness Veterinarian.
NEWS BLOG – CATEGORY: INSURANCE