ACCORDING TO THE NEW YORK POST:
“Dogs at the Brooklyn arm of the Big Apple pound live in squalid and “neglectful” conditions — including filthy cages filled with urine and feces, no water bowls, and a revolving door of indifferent, low-paid staffers, The Post has learned”
- Neglect, Filthy Cages and No Water: Inside the Embattled Animal Care Centers of NYC (10.30.20)
- Animal Care Centers of NYC (ACC)
- Staten Island Animal Shelter Evacuated Over ‘Unsafe’ Conditions (11.9.20)
The Staten Island branch of the city’s beleaguered Animal Care Center was forced to evacuate all of its animals because of dangerous temperature conditions inside, The Post has learned.
- Animals at NYC Shelters Suffer from Respiratory Disease, Eat Expired Food: Audit (9.16.20)
Our four-legged friends at city animal care centers suffer from respiratory disease, consume expired food and live in dirty kennels, according to a new audit by Comptroller Scott Stringer.
- Owner’s Lost Dog Put Down Shortly After It Was Brought Into Staten Island Shelter (9.14.20)
UPDATED: 11.17.20 – RELATED NEWS article added (Staten Island animal shelter evacuated over ‘unsafe’ conditions).