BUY PET MEDICATIONS ONLINE SAFELY
An increasing number of pet owners are buying PET MEDS somewhere other than the prescribing veterinarian’s office. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BOARDS OF PHARMACY (NABP) operates the .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program which reviews pharmacies with an online presence to ensure that they are properly licensed and follow applicable laws and business best practices.
BUY SAFELY: Find Safe Online Pharmacies
The SAFE.PHARMACY website operated by the NABP includes a search tool which will enable consumers to check to see if a site is safe for purchasing Pet Medications. Simply enter the website address to see if the website is “verified” or you can download a current list of safe pharmacy websites.
Popular Online Pet Pharmacies that participate in the .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program
- 1-800-PetMeds (PetMed Express Inc) – www.1800petmeds.com
RELATED WEBSITE(S): 1800petmeds.pharmacy, petmed.pharmacy, petmeds.pharmacy
- Chewy Inc – www.chewy.com
RELATED WEBSITE(S): chewy.pharmacy
News Blog: Chewy.com is Now Selling Pet Medications Online (7.4.18)
- Petco (Petco Animal Supplies Inc) – www.petco.com
RELATED WEBSITE(S): petco.pharmacy
News Blog: Petco to Close Online Retailer Drs. Foster and Smith (2.3.19)
- Walmart PetRx (Wal-Mart Stores Inc) – www.walmartpetrx.com
RELATED WEBSITE(S): walmart.com, walmart.pharmacy
News Blog: Walmart Launches Online Pharmacy for Pets (5.8.19)
A complete list of safe pharmacy websites (approximately 35 Veterinary related Pharmacies) is available on the Safe.Pharmacy website.
BUYING PET MEDS FROM YOUR LOCAL VETERINARY PRACTICE
- Help support your local animal hospital by purchasing your pet medications, food and over-the-counter health care products directly from your veterinarian using their ONLINE STORE. Pharmacy SALES on average make up about 33% of a practice’s revenue. Many veterinary practices outsource there ONLINE-PHARMACY to a PRESCRIPTION MANAGEMENT SERVICE which provide tools to enable veterinary practices to offer an ONLINE STORE to their customers.
–Walmart Launches Online Pharmacy for Pets (5.8.19)
- DIVERSION: Pet Medications With Exclusive Distribution Policies
Meds obtained from UNAUTHORIZED distributors may be harmfully stored, mishandled, damaged, expired, tampered and or counterfeit.
- AVMA: Common Questions About Veterinary Prescriptions and Pharmacies.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is the nation’s leading advocate for the veterinary profession.
- FDA: Report Suspicious Online Pet Pharmacy Sites
NEWS BLOG – CATEGORY: MEDICATIONS