AnimalBiome, a biotechnology company that offers pet microbiome testing and sells products supporting digestive, skin, and oral health for companion animals, recently ANNOUNCED that it closed an $8.6 Million Series A funding round led by Cargill (a global food corporation).
Founded in 2016, AnimalBiome was the first to launch direct-to-consumer (DTC) microbiome testing in pets and uses genetic sequencing to characterize the microbiomes of individual pets.
The company has developed a microbiome reference database consisting of 12,500 DNA samples from 10,000 individual companion animals. AnimalBiome uses this data to develop its personalized microbiome restoration solutions and for future product development.
The investment will be used to accelerate the discovery of key beneficial gut microbes and design the next generation of pet probiotics.
- PRESS RELEASE: AnimalBiome Closes $8.6 Million Series A Investment Round, Positioning The Pet Microbiome Innovator To Create Novel Microbial Cocktails for Companion Animals (7.20.21)
- PRESS RELEASE: Cargill invests in AnimalBiome to improve the well-being of pets through better gut health (7.15.21)
- PRESS RELEASE: AnimalBiome Completes $1.5M Seed Funding Round, Hires Carlton Osborne as CEO (2.6.20)
- CRUNCHBASE: Company Profile and Funding for AnimalBiome
– The new funding round increases AnimalBiome’s total funding amount to $12.3 million since the company was founded in 2016.