Doggo, a pet insurance provider founded in 2018, was recently ACQUIRED by Antelope (based in San Francisco, was founded in 2021 by Wendy Wen in partnership with private equity firm Alpine Investors). Doggo Insurance is now available in 50 states.
Doggo insurance is led by Founder and CEO Patty Li:
- “Patty was inspired to create Doggo after her best friend’s dog, Ody, developed cancer. Her friend, an elementary school teacher, took a second job to pay for Ody’s chemotherapy and spent thousands on his care. At the time, Patty was an executive at Uber and had started a team that was using technology and data to drive rapid adoption of Uber’s new products. After seeing her friend’s harrowing experience, she and a team of ex-Uber colleagues started Doggo, bringing a similar customer-centric and data-driven approach to help people better protect their dogs.”
Study conducted by CARE for Pets™ reveals a growing number of pet care startups are founded and led by persons previously employed within the financial services industry including private equity firms.
LinkedIn Profile for Patty Li (Patty L.)
– TPG CAPITAL (Private Equity Firm): Investor (2011 – 2013)
– CITI: Investment Banking (2009-2011)
- PRESS RELEASE: Antelope, Alpine’s Consumer Pet Platform, Acquires Digital Pet Insurance Provider, Doggo (2.10.22)
- Antelope was launched by private equity firm Alpine Investors (Alpine) and Founder and CEO, Wendy Wen.
- Find The Best Pet Health Insurance
- There are more than 20 companies that insure over 3.1 million pets in the United States.