Spot & Tango, a direct-to-consumer (DTC) dog food brand, recently ANNOUNCED that it raised $38.5 million Series B funding round led by Valor Equity Partners (a leading growth-focused private equity investment firm).
The company has delivered more than 15 million meals across the country since its launch in 2018. Spot & Tango is led by Founder and CEO, Russell Breuer.
The new funding will be used to advance research & development, expand its product offering and introduce new recipes.
- Spot & Tango to invest $20 million in first manufacturing plant (1.25.22)
- Spot & Tango has chosen Allentown, Pa. as the location of its first in-house manufacturing plant. The company expects the facility to be up and running in the summer of 2022.
- Spot & Tango – From Farm to Fido, naturally (2.1.19)
- “The idea behind Spot & Tango came to life in the aftermath of the 2007 dog food recall. Russell Breuer, Founder and CEO, has 14+ years of experience in private equity and consulting as a former Vice President at BerchWood Partners and as a former Manager at Zephyr Management LLP.”
- CRUNCHBASE: Company Profile and Funding for Spot & Tango