AmeriVet Veterinary Partners (AmeriVet), a leading consolidator of veterinary practices recently ANNOUNCED that it has acquired Northeast Veterinary Partners, a consolidator that owns and operates 14 practice locations across several states, including New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, California, and Maine.
This acquisition marks the first time in the company’s history that it has purchased another industry consolidator.
With this new acquisition, it brings the total number of practices in AmeriVet’s network to 186. AmeriVet acquired its first practice in 2017 and anticipates having over 200 veterinary practices in their network by the end of the year.
The company is led by Chief Executive Officer Thomas Thill.
- PRESS RELEASE: AmeriVet Veterinary Partners Acquires Northeast Veterinary Partners (10.31.22)
- AmeriVet Veterinary Partners Acquired by AEA Investors LP and ADIA From Imperial Capital (3.7.22)
- AEA Investors LP (“AEA”) and a wholly owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (“ADIA”) acquired AmeriVet from Imperial Capital Group (“Imperial Capital”), of Toronto, Canada.
- Pet Vet Groups See Surge of Private Equity Interest (3.31.22)
- $1.6B sale of AmeriVet generated around USD 60m in EBITDA, according to sources, which gave it a 26.5x EBITDA multiple.
- CEOs of Corporate Consolidators:
- Study conducted by CARE for Pets™ reveals that the majority of veterinary consolidators are led by non-veterinarians.
RECENT CONSOLIDATOR NEWS:
Scoop: Partners preps Blue River for market (8.3.22)
- Partners Group is gearing up for a potential sale of Blue River Petcare, the Chicago-based network of veterinary hospitals, three sources tell Axios.
- Sources say Blue River Petcare is generating around $75 million of EBITDA. That’s up significantly from when Switzerland-based Partners Group took over in 2019, when Blue River’s adjusted EBITDA was pegged at north of $30 million.