PetPlate, a fresh-cooked dog food delivery company, recently ANNOUNCED that it closed $19 million dollars in Series B funding led by Pendulum Holdings LLC (a venture capital firm based in Beverly Hills, California).
Its personalized dog foods are “kettle-cooked” in a USDA-certified facility, then frozen and delivered fresh to pet owners through a subscription service. The pet food is developed by the company’s founder, Renaldo Webb, in collaboration with veterinary nutritionist Dr. Renee Streeter, DVM, DACVN.
According to PetPlate Founder, Webb:
“Unlike traditional kibble, PetPlate products do not contain rendered meats, by-products, or artificial ingredients that can make a dog sick.”
The new funding will be used to scale marketing, product development, and retail expansion.
- PRESS RELEASE: PetPlate Closes $19 Million Series B Funding Round Led by PENDULUM (12.15.21)
- PetPlate goes omnichannel with Pet Supplies Plus partnership (7.26.21)
- Pet Supplies Plus, (a leading retail chain of pet supplies and services) was the first brick-and-mortar pet store to carry the brand and began stocking PetPlate fresh dog food products at 60 select stores across the United States.
- An MIT Grad Launches Pet Plate, A Startup Banking On Dog Owners Who Want The Best For Fido (4.20.19)
- Webb credits his entrepreneurial venture to his work as a consultant for pet food companies, where he learned about the ingredients going into kibble, the food that so many dogs eat. He was not reassured by what he learned.