Pirtle most recently served as Thrive Pet Healthcare’s President and Interim Chief Executive Officer (6 months) and Chief Operating Officer (3 years). Pirtle also previously served as CEO of THRIVE Affordable Vet Care.
- “We believe that the pets who bring wellness and joy to their families deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved and respected, too,” said Pirtle. “Together with every member of our 11,000-person team, we will continue enhancing access to veterinary care throughout pets’ lives. And, as always, we will continue creating a one-of-a-kind patient and workplace experience within and across our network of hospitals where everyone can thrive.”
The former CEO Stephen Hadley, DVM, MS, has been named executive vice chairman of the board.
- PRESS RELEASE: Thrive Pet Healthcare Appoints Odis Pirtle As CEO (9.20.22)
- TSG Consumer Partners:
- The company’s controlling shareholder is private equity firm TSG Consumer Partners.
- GLASSDOOR: Workplace Transparency
- Many veterinary consolidators and hospital groups employ a large infrastructure of managers and support teams. One good way to judge a corporate consolidator is by reading company employee reviews.
- CEOs of Corporate Consolidators:
- Study conducted by CARE for Pets™ reveals that the majority of veterinary consolidators are led by non-veterinarians.
Customers and Staff Blindsided After Vet Hospital in Oakland, CA Abruptly Closes (4.29.22)
- Montclair Veterinary Hospital (owned by Thrive Pet Healthcare) in Oakland, California shut down last week, leaving clients scrambling to find care for their pets according to the SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE.