PetSmart Veterinary Services (PVS) recently ANNOUNCED the opening of its first hospital location this month in Peoria, Arizona. PVS plans to open several animal hospitals over the next few months in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
The first PVS Hospital is located inside PetSmart – Lake Pleasant: 25372 N Lake Pleasant, Peoria, AZ 85383
According to Dr. Jaime Klimsey Pickett, DVM and owner of the PVS Hospital in Peoria, AZ:
- “Since I began practicing veterinary medicine, I have seen the difference in the care provided to pets and the happiness and fulfillment of the veterinarians themselves when they are in control of their own business. This independent ownership model empowers doctors to continue to do what they love while supporting their own career and personal development. It is a win-win for veterinarians across the country.”
- PRESS RELEASE: PetSmart Veterinary Services Opens Its First Veterinarian Hospital In Arizona (9.13.22)
- PetSmart to Offer In-Store Practice Franchise to ‘Independent’ Veterinarians (7.28.22)
- John Bork, senior vice president for PetSmart Veterinary Services said “PetSmart’s franchise model will help many veterinarians who want to own a practice and otherwise couldn’t because of the consolidation within the industry.”
- PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM BC PARTNERS: PVS is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetSmart
- PetSmart was acquired in March 2015 in a public to private (PtoP) transaction by a consortium led by funds advised by BC Partners along with a number of Limited Partners.